Our Audience Charter
There is nothing we enjoy more than welcoming audiences to our venue to share in a musical experience.
Our vision is to play an active part in contemporary culture, community and place through music, and we aim to uphold our core values in all that we do.
We want our audiences to know what to expect from us.
A welcoming service:
- Our staff will endeavour to make you feel welcome during every interaction with us, whether its your first visit or you are a regular patron
- We offer friendly and polite service, helping wherever we are able, right across our organisation
- Our staff will use their experience and knowledge of the venue and programme to enhance your visit to The Glasshouse.
A truly accessible venue and programme
- Promoting an inclusive and accessible culture is at the heart of what we do
- We work with partners to uphold our accessibility standards, and we strive for continuous improvement
- We offer a varied programme and are sensitive to audience requirements
- Learn more about access in our building and programme.
- We encourage conversations and connections with our audiences. If you have feedback for us you can speak to a member of staff in person or contact us.
- We pledge to respond to all written customer feedback within 10 working days (Monday – Friday) of receipt
- Our staff are here to help you throughout your visit to the building, and our Box Office team are contactable by phone and in person. You can also contact us via our website or social media pages
To help our teams offer the best experience for you, we ask that our audiences and patrons
- Treat our staff and fellow visitors with courtesy and respect
- Supervise children during visits to our building
- Do not use cameras or recording equipment, for photographs or footage, during performances unless our staff advise otherwise
- Ensure that your mobile devices do not disrupt events
- Arrive in good time for events to minimise disruption to other audience members and artists
- Help us to keep everybody safe by reporting to staff members anything that you are uncomfortable with
- Tell a member of our team if something falls below your expectations; we welcome constructive feedback
- Help us to minimise the carbon footprint of live events – from recycling on site to using your ticket to access free public transport to travel to the venue. Plan your journey to The Glasshouse.
We’re committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for our audiences, artists and staff. We reserve the right to remove visitors from the premises and/or affiliated events if we feel that their behaviour is negatively impacting the experience of our audiences, if they are acting in an intimidating, aggressive or violent manner, or if they are endangering themselves or people around them. Such incidents may result in a prolonged, or lifetime, ban from entering the venue or affiliated events.