Terms & Conditions
Booking Terms and Conditions
Where you book a ticket for a show, exhibition, display, event or performance at The Glasshouse (Performance) you agree that the following conditions shall apply to your booking:
- The information on this Website is correct at the time of submission to the Website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether a Performance has been cancelled or rescheduled. We will make all reasonable attempts to promptly notify purchasers of any such cancellation or rescheduled Performance but make no guarantees in this respect.
- The Glasshouse is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable experience for our audiences, artists and staff. We reserve the right to remove visitors from the premises and/or affiliated events if we feel that their behaviour is negatively impacting the experience of our audiences if they are acting in an intimidating, aggressive or violent manner, or if they are endangering themselves or the people around them. Such incidents may result in a prolonged, or lifetime, ban from entering the venue or affiliated events.
- Following the change to the UK’s national threat level The Glasshouse security procedures have been enhanced. Regular bag searches are in operation on entry to the venue and you may be asked to participate. Please note that refusal to allow a bag search will result in non-entry to the venue. We respectfully ask that all visitors minimise luggage brought to the building where possible, to help us to keep things running smoothly.
- Please ensure all mobile phones are switched to silent.
- You consent to the filming and sound recording of your participation in any Performance, as a member of the audience. We will endeavour to inform you prior to the commencement of the Performance if such recording is to take place.
- Non-professional photography for personal use is allowed at all performances unless otherwise stated. No flash, tripods, additional sound recording equipment or SLR / DSLR cameras are allowed without prior written consent. Please be considerate of others and avoid extended filming, use a lower screen brightness and silence any camera shutter sounds on devices.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments and alter programmes, special offers and incentive rates at any time without notice.
- Only holders of tickets purchased from our Box Office, or our official ticket agencies, will be admitted to a Performance. If you have bought a ticket from a secondary ticketing website, we do not guarantee entry. In this instance, The Glasshouse can provide evidence that access has been denied so that you may attempt to claim your money back.
- Box Office staff regularly monitor secondary ticketing sites. If an individual is found to be selling tickets via these channels, The Glasshouse reserves the right to cancel the tickets and offer them for resale, and deactivate the user’s account indefinitely. Customers will be contacted in these circumstances.
- No ticket purchases will be refunded except when an event is cancelled, postponed or rescheduled. Refunds must be requested from your original point of sale. In the event of a postponement or rescheduled show, our team will contact you to explain your ticket options – please make sure that our Box Office team has the correct contact details for you. All personal expenses, including but not limited to travel, accommodation, and subsistence arranged by you/your party, are at your own risk and will not be compensated. Postage fees will be retained in the event of a cancellation.
- Tickets may be exchanged for seats for the same or higher price for a performance of the same production up to 24 hours before the performance. Exchanges are strictly subject to availability. All original tickets must be produced before an exchange can be processed. Handling Fees will be retained in the event of an exchange.
TicketPlan Cancellation Protection is available at a cost of £2 per ticket and covers tickets up to the value of £87. We strongly recommend that you include this option. Your tickets are non-refundable and this will protect you against cancellation resulting from accidents, unexpected illnesses and adverse weather conditions. Full details are included in the TicketPlan Terms & Conditions, which we advise you to read and retain. TicketPlan is not an insurance policy. By adding to your order you are confirming that you have read and accept the Terms & Conditions.
To find out more or make a claim, visit www.ticketplangroup.com.
Handling fees are applied to increase accessibility to a wider range of customers whilst allowing us to cover operating costs.
- No handling fees are applied to our education work / courses, classes and workshops.
- For performances, we apply a 10% fee per ticket.
- There is a fixed fee of £3 on our classical packages, festival multi-buys and family tickets, all of which offer high levels of discount.
- Many of our members (Level 3 Sage Supporters, Sage Circle and Principal Partners pay no booking fee at all.) If you are interested in hearing more about this opportunity please contact us on 0191 443 5038.
- We also offer employees of our Corporate Partners the opportunity to book through the Fundraising Team with no fees on tickets. If you own or run a business and you are interested in hearing more about corporate benefits please contact 0191 443 4562.
- Fees will be retained in the event of an exchange or refund.
- A 1.5% credit card fee still applies to transactions where no handling fee is otherwise payable.
- Some free events may include a flat £2 fee per ticket.
It is your responsibility to check your tickets as soon as they arrive with you as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
If you arrive later than the advertised start time or you need to leave the auditorium for any reason then you may be asked to wait until a suitable break in the performance before you can take your seat – this may be the interval. Depending on the show we may be unable to admit latecomers at all. The Glasshouse reserves the right to refuse admission to any visitor.
Save in respect of liability which cannot be limited by law, our liability to you pursuant to these booking conditions is limited to the face value of the ticket purchased.
These booking terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Your access and use of the Website is subject to the following terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) and all applicable laws. By accessing and browsing the Website, or any part of it, you accept, without limitation or qualification, these Terms and Conditions and acknowledge that any other agreement between you and us is superseded and of no force or effect. Where you book a ticket on the Website, your purchase will be subject to our booking conditions.
Terms and Conditions of Use of the Website
We provide this Website for your personal entertainment, information and educational use only. It is subject to change by us without notice. You should assume that everything you see or read on the Website is subject to copyright or other intellectual property rights unless otherwise noted and may not be used except as provided in these Terms and Conditions or in the text on the Website without our prior written permission. We neither warrant nor represent that your use of materials displayed on the Website will not infringe rights of third parties not owned by or affiliated with us.
You may only download material displayed on the Website for non-commercial, personal use, provided you also reproduce all copyright and other proprietary notices contained on the material. You may not, however, distribute, modify, transmit, reuse, report, or use the contents of the Website for public or commercial purposes, including the text, images, audio and video without our prior written permission.
Images of people or places displayed on the Website are either our property or that of our licensors. The use of these images by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these Terms and Conditions. Unauthorised use by you of such images may infringe third party intellectual property rights.
The trademarks, logos, and service marks (Trademarks) displayed on the Website, including “The Glasshouse” logo are our registered and unregistered Trademarks or those of our licensors. Nothing contained on the Website should be construed as granting any license or right to use any Trademark displayed on the Website, without our permission or that of such third party that may own the Trademarks displayed on the Website. Your misuse of the Trademarks displayed on the Website, or any other content on the Website, except as provided in these Terms and Conditions, is strictly prohibited.
While we use all reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information or materials on the Website, we make no warranties, guarantees or representations as to its accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content on the Website. You acknowledge that such content may contain inaccuracies or errors and that we make no commitment to update such material. We expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. We exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party in connection with the use, inability to use or the results of use of the Website, any websites linked to the Website or the material on such websites, including but not limited to loss or damage due to viruses that may infect your computer equipment, software, data or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing the Website or your downloading of any material from the Website or any websites linked to the Website.
Whilst we endeavour to ensure that the Website is available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable for any time period. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Nothing in this legal notice shall exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by negligence; or
- fraud; or
- misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter; or
- any liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under our privacy statement, any communication or material you transmit to the Website by electronic email or otherwise, including any data, questions, comments or suggestions, will be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post may be used by us or our affiliates for any purpose, including but not limited to reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast, and posting. Furthermore, we are free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Website for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to developing and marketing services using such information.
Links to third party websites are provided for your convenience. If you use these links you leave the Website. We have not reviewed all of these third party websites and do not control and are not responsible for these websites, their content or availability. We do not endorse or make any representation about them, any material found there, or any results that may be obtained using them. If you decide to access any of the third party websites, you do so entirely at your own risk. You may not link to the Website without our prior written consent.
We shall have no obligations or liability in respect of any material which is submitted, broadcast, provided or contributed to the Website in any way by users. You are prohibited from posting, submitting, transmitting or otherwise any information to or from the Website:
- that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial hatred, discrimination, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
- for which you have not obtained all necessary licenses and/or approvals; or
- which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in any country in the world; or
- which is technically harmful (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted date or other malicious software or harmful data).
You may not misuse the Website (including, without limitation, by hacking).
We shall fully co-operate with any law enforcement agency, authority or court order requesting or directing us to disclose the identity or locate anyone posting any material in breach of these Terms and Conditions.
The Website is controlled and operated by us from our offices in England. The formation, existence, construction, performance, validity in all aspects whatsoever of these Terms and Conditions or of any term of these Terms and Conditions or any dispute in relation to the materials contained in the Site shall be governed by English law. The courts of England and Wales shall have non-exclusive jurisdiction to settle any disputes which may arise out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or use of the Website. Your continued use of the Website indicates your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
We may at any time revise these Terms and Conditions by updating this posting. You are bound by any such revisions by continuing to use the Website and should therefore periodically visit this page to review the current Terms and Conditions to which you are bound.