The Snowman In Concert
Magical. Heartwarming. A Christmas classic.
Who’s on stage
Royal Northern Sinfonia with conductor Ellie Slorach and presenter Eleanor Mooney. In the relaxed performance there will also be a British Sign Language interpreter.
What are they playing?
The timeless, twinkly soundtrack to beloved family film The Snowman plus brilliantly fun musical story In the Swamp by the Light of the Moon, composed especially for us.
Need to know
Price: £22 – £29. Family ticket: £70 – £95 (more below)
Running time: 90 minutes, with a 20 minute interval. The relaxed performance is 60 minutes, no interval.
Discounts: Save if you’re local, unemployed, a first timer (limited number, subject to availability).
Age: Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult.
What you'll hear
Iain Farrington In the Swamp by the Light of the Moon
arr. Pierpont Jingle Bells
Howard Blake The Snowman
Ellie Slorach conductor
Eleanor Mooney narrator
Royal Northern Sinfonia
What's happening in the music
The Snowman was an instant hit on it’s release in 1982 and now it just wouldn’t feel like Christmas at The Glasshouse without it. Royal Northern Sinfonia will be play the timeless, twinkly soundtrack in perfect time with the film on the big screen.
In the Swamp by the Light of the Moon
Join a lonely frog on his mission to find friends to sing with in heartwarming musical storytime In the Swamp by the Light of the Moon, written and illustrated by Frann Preston-Gannon. Sing a long and learn all the actions with presenter Eleanor.
Take a listen
‘We’re walking in the air, we’re floating in the moonlit sky…’
You’re in safe hands
Relaxed Performance 22 December at 2pm | BSL interpreted
We know for some a busy concert hall can be overwhelming so our relaxed performances are designed to make everyone feel at home.
- Relaxed performances are perfect for people with autism, disabilities, and anxiety, they invite guests to move around, make some noise and come and go as they wish.
- Our narrator will introduce each performance, so everything is easy to follow and understand.
- The hall doors will open 45 minutes before the performance starts and will stay open. Meaning ample time to get comfy and there’s an easy exit if a little break in our quiet breakout space is needed.
- There’s no interval, so once everyone’s comfy, there’s no need to move again, if you don’t want to.
- There are no loudspeaker announcements, just our super friendly staff who will be on hand to help you find your seat fuss free.
- Plus our hall lights will be left on, and we promise no surprising or moving lights will catch you off guard.
The BSL signer will be at the front of the stage, on stage right (East side of the hall). Please call or visit our Box Office to find the best seats for you.
December 22nd 2pm, 5pm and December 23rd 11am
Tickets: £22 – £26
Family ticket: Four tickets £80 to include at least 1 adult and 1 child in level 1 rows K-S, £70 everywhere else
December 23rd 2pm, 5pm and December 24th 11am, and 2pm
Tickets: £23 – £29
Family ticket: Four tickets £95 to include at least 1 adult and 1 child in level 1 rows K-S, £85 everywhere else
Unforgettable music. An ideal gift
Priority booking? A snazzy tote bag? A warm glow knowing you’re supporting the region’s young musicians?
Buy a gift membership from £40 a year and give all this and more this Christmas.Buy gift memberships